The plant is made up of:
- n. 1 Autoclave tested by the ANCC at 6 atm. of pressure. Cover with “guillotine” type closure, with 3 retaining rings. The lower ring is made entirely of stainless steel: the cover is supported during rotation by a monorail with carts on ball bearings. On the cover, 2 inspection ports have been installed in order to check inside, with the use of a 24-volt lamp.
- n. 1 Rotating pump with a high level of vacuum, in case a high vacuum of 759.5 Hg is required.
- n. 2 Vats in iron sheet, with dimensions based on the plant and autoclave capacity. The vats are used to wash the impregnated parts. One of them is complete with a heat exchanger to heat the water, as well as a device to make it effervescent.
- n. 1 Tank in iron, with a capacity based on the plant. It is used as deposit of impregnating materials.
- n. 6 Baskets in iron, with a cylindrical shape and smooth chequered mesh, for the impregnation of pieces.
- n. 1 Electric chain hoist, with an electric translator and special low-voltage button panel, reinforced and watertight, for the movement of the materials being processed.
- n. 1 Pneumatic double-effect piston, equipped with solenoid valve/timer and other material for operation. The purpose of the piston is to assist and simplify washing of the impregnated parts.
- n. 1 Gantry in iron, equipped with stand/frame, etc., and an “ipe” beam for the slipping of the hoist.
- n. 1 Electronic panel for the operation of the above-described equipment.
- n. 1 Boiler to heat the water.
How it works
The elements that must be impregnated are insert dry into the autoclave, which has a guillotine type closure. This particular closure can be activated only from air.
Inside, an almost absolute vacuum is created, in order to open at the most the porous areas of the elements.
Then, the specific impregnating product is taken out from the storage tank and, once all of the metallic parts have been submerged, an internal pressure of about 5 atmospheres is created.
After several minutes of anti-porous treatment, the impregnating product is removed (but it will be totally recovered), the autoclave opens, the metal is taken and finally subjected to a double washing cycle, first with cold water and then with hot water with movement and effervescence.